As we get older, we gain wisdom and by the time we are in our senior years, we have often accumulated enough of that wisdom to begin teaching others. Of course, even from the time that we are younger we use the wisdom that we have in order to help provide guidance for those under our care. This includes any children that we may have and we try to teach them lessons that will follow them through life. As you are about to hear in the following story, parents are also sharing lessons from their children and it’s rather interesting to read.
Kids make some of the best teachers. Even if they’re not aware, the things they say and do come with some important lessons. These parents shared some of the most important lessons they’ve learned from their children.
This article is based on lessons parents shared on UC Berkeley’s Parents Network. To see more of their amazing content, check out the link at the end of the article.
1. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a superman cape.
2. It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
3. When you hear the toilet flush and the words “Uh-oh,” it’s already too late.
4. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
5. A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.
6. If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak – it explodes.
7. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq foot house 4 inches deep.
8. Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.
9. Super glue is forever.
10. McGyver can teach us many things we don’t want to know.
11. No matter how much Jello you put in a swimming pool you still can’t walk on water.
12. Pool filters do not like Jello.
13. VCR’s do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
14. Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
15. The fire department in San Jose has at least a 5 minute response time.
16. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
17. It will however make cats dizzy.
18. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.